Water/Wastewater Service Policy
1. The Customer shall maintain at his own expense a service line which shall begin at the property line and extend to the dwelling and other portion of the premises.
2. The Customer shall pay a deposit of $80.00 for water, which is returnable to the Customer when this contract is terminated, less any outstanding balance on the account. There is also a non-refundable sewer service fee of $100.00. These fees are due when the service is applied for and an application completed.
3. The Customer shall pay for water and sewer rates at the Town Hall office located at 114 West Gold Street, New London, NC. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Closed for lunch during 12:00 – 1:00. Debit/credit card payments are accepted over the phone by calling 704-463-5423. Payments can also be mailed to Town of New London, Post Office Box 191, New London, NC 28127. A drop box is provided as well as a drive in window.
4. The bills are sent out the last of the month. Payments are due on or before the 20th of each month.
5. Failure of a Customer to pay water/sewer charges duly imposed on the due date shall result in the automatic imposition of a late fee of 10% with a minimum of $5.00 for water and sewer added to the bill until the account is current.
6. Non-payment after due date could result in termination of service. Service will be restored after payment in full plus a $30.00 reconnect fee is received.
7. Returned check fee is $35.00.
Garbage / Recycling Pick-up
Garbage pick-up is every Thursday.
Place cans at curbside prior to 7:00 am on Thursdays.
Recycling pick-up is every other Thursday.
Recycle cans have labels listing items that are accepted.
Place cans at curbside prior to 7:00 am on the date of the scheduled pick-up.